Valentine's Day is upon us, and you know what that means—we're just days away from half-price chocolate!
Oh, yes, and it also means that love is in the air, or at least the trappings of it: Cupid cutouts, overpriced flower arrangements, heart-shaped everything. Greeting card displays spilling discarded sentiments and mismatched pink and red envelopes all over the place. Those chalky little candy hearts with their punny sayings.
If none of that is your cup of tea, we can't say we blame you. But regardless of how you feel about Valentine's Day—or your relationship status, for that matter—February 14 provides an inarguable excuse to indulge in some literary romance guaranteed to make you swoon.
As Valentine's Day approaches, think about this: The chocolates will get eaten, the roses will wilt. But the books you read will stay with you forever. Embrace the romance this year. Buy, read, fall in love.
Our experts have handpicked some of their favorites to help you celebrate the season of love. Whether you're looking for hot, heartbreaking, or happily ever after, these are books worth falling for!
Top 7 Books to Fall in Love With
- After We Fell – If you've fallen under the romantic spell cast by Tessa and Hardin in the first two books of Anna Todd's phenomenal After saga, you're in good company. This third book in the series continues the captivating and complicated story of love and secrets, sabotage and jealousy, heat and heart. If you haven't yet discovered what all the fuss is about, we suggest you start with the first book in the series, After, and buckle in for the emotional roller coaster.
- Outlander – Even if you haven't read the books or watched the sensational series, you've at least heard of Outlander—and for good reason. And because we're firm believers that the books are always better, we suggest that you embark on an adventure you'll never forget by diving into the first book in this epic saga. Romance is at the heart of the story of Claire Randall, thrust back in time and grappling with love and desire for two men, in two separate lives.
- Red, White & Royal Blue – This book asks the burning question: What happens when the President's son falls in love with the Prince of Wales? The answer: An unputdownable tale that's at once heartwarming, thrilling, witty, thoughtful, and fresh. Grab a copy and meet Alex and Henry, a high-profile and unlikely couple you won't soon forget.
- Maybe We're Electric – From the bestselling author of Dear Evan Hansen: The Novel comes this charming story of two teenagers with nothing in common finding common ground—and something more—during a night spent sheltered from a snowstorm.
- Here's to Us – If you enjoyed the blockbuster romantic comedy What If It's Us, you can't miss this sequel. Here's to Us continues the story of first loves Arthur and Ben, whose attempts to shake off the past are derailed when their paths keep crossing in the present. Is fate trying to tell them to give it another shot?
- The Viscount Who Loved Me – This Bridgerton book inspired the upcoming Season 2 of the steamy Netflix adaptation. This Regency romance delves into the story of notorious rogue Anthony Bridgerton and the meddlesome woman trying to stop his impending nuptials to her younger sister. As it turns out, it might be harder to stop herself from falling for him.
- The Lady's Mine – Set against the backdrop of the California frontier in 1875, this is a story about a New England suffragette and a former Union solider working to save the same boomtown. While everyone is hoping to strike it rich, these two may discover something worth far more than gold.
What Do You Love?
If these titles aren't for you, or if you've already blasted your way through them, there's plenty more where they came from in your local Books-A-Million store or at Booksamillion.com. We have books for every reader, from new and now to timeless classics, fantasy and sci-fi to historical fiction and notable nonfiction.
This Valentine's Day, give yourself the gift of reading whatever it is that makes your heart happy.