Moms are dynamic. To fit them into any one category would be tragic, so we’ve curated a wide range of absorbing and inspiring books for all the smart, sweet, and wild sides of the women who raised us.
Upgrade your gift to Mom with an autographed edition, a hardback copy, or a Books-A-Million Gift Card. Mother’s Day is May 14th!
Hopeless Romantic Mom
Freshly-picked flowers. Handwritten notes in your lunchbox. Perfumes for every mood – these moms delight in sweetness.
- Icebreaker - Hannah Grace
- The Fine Print - Lauren Asher
- Twisted Love - Ana Huang
- Hooked - Emily McIntire
- Things We Never Got Over - Lucy Score
- Priest - Sierra Simone
Colossal vocabulary. Gives New York Times subscriptions as gifts. Never met a tote bag she didn’t like – these moms push you to succeed.
- Camera Girl: The Coming of Age of Jackie Bouvier Kennedy - Carl Sferrazza Anthony
- The Golden Doves - Martha Hall Kelly
- As the Wicked Watch - Tamron Hall
- Lessons in Chemistry - Bonnie Garmus
- The Women of Troy - Pat Barker
- Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don't Know - Adam Grant
Always Offering You Food Mom
Never believes you're not hungry. Requires family dinners at the table. Knows every kitchen life hack – these moms have a stocked fridge you can count on.
- Y’all Eat Yet? - Miranda Lambert
- Magnolia Table 3 - Joanna Gaines
- Mediterranean Made Easy - Taste of Home
- The Way Home: A Celebration of Sea Islands Food and Family - Kardea Brown
- The Blue Zones Kitchen: 100 Recipes to Live to 100 - Dan Buettner
- Go-To Dinners - Ina Garten
Asks about your feelings. Embarrasses you constantly with her affection. Cries during sappy commercial breaks – these moms know vulnerability is a strength.
- You Could Make This Place Beautiful: A Memoir - Maggie Smith
- Honey, Baby, Mine: A Mother and Daughter Talk Life, Death, Love (and Banana Pudding) - Laura Dern, Diane Ladd and Reese Witherspoon
- It Ends With Us, Special Collector's Edition - Colleen Hoover
- Things I Wish I Told My Mother - Susan Patterson, Susan DiLallo and James Patterson
- Brighter by the Day: Waking Up to New Hopes and Dreams - Robin Roberts and Michelle Burford
- Atlas of the Heart - Brené Brown
Bird feeders on fleek. Doesn't need an app to identify all the trees and flowers. Encourages new adventures – these moms have a wild side.
- Untamed, Autographed Edition - Glennon Doyle
- Get Untamed: The Journal - Glennon Doyle
- Braiding Sweetgrass - Robin Wall Kimmerer
- What It's Like to Be a Bird - David Allen Sibley
- The Complete Gardener's Guide - DK
- Paint By Sticker: Plants and Flowers - Workman Publishing
Mom of Faith
Says “bless your heart” and really means it. Leaves daily inspirational quotes on your mirror. Thinks anyone in their villain era just needs a hug – these moms remind you that rain comes before the rainbow.
- The Light We Carry: Overcoming in Uncertain Times - Michelle Obama
- The Mothers and Daughters of the Bible Speak - Shannon Bream
- Chasing Shadows - Lynn Austin
- Faith Still Moves Mountains - Harris Faulkner
- All My Knotted-Up Life: A Memoir - Beth Moore
- Good Boundaries and Goodbyes - Lysa TerKeurst
Oversized sweaters and paint-splattered boots. Enviable messy buns. Professional color therapist – these moms encourage your truest self to shine.
- Be-Spoke: Revelations from the World's Most Important Fashion Designers - Marylou Luther, Ruben Toledo and Stan Herman
- S Is for Style: The Schumacher Book of Decoration - Dara Caponigro
- Daisy Jones and the Six - Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Outlander Adult Coloring Book - Diana Gabaldon
- The Creative Act - Rick Rubin
- Abstract Expressionists: The Women - Ellen G. Landau and Joan M. Marter